Wednesday, October 23, 2013

roller coasters are not fun

Where do I begin
To tell the story of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start

The last two months have been a roller coaster.  My relationship with Scott has ended.  I try not to portray him in negative light.  After all, I still love him. And I am sure it will take some time to get over this break up.  No matter how much I love him, he was not good for me.  I felt like I was compromising me self for the sake of a relationship.  I also felt that we had a different definition of love.  We obviously care about one another, but sometimes love is not enough. In the end, Scott was not happy and chose to move out.  He broke my heart and I let him go. 
Then I wrecked my car and I called him.  He was there for me. I really appreciated him.  We started to explore the possibility of a relationship again.  Then we broke up... again!  Apparently he was still not happy and so he dumped me again.  That is hard to admit because it hurts. He shredded my heart into a million pieces.  I never claimed to be perfect, but hoped he would over look my imperfections and realize how much I loved him.  I wanted to make him happy and thought it would be a long term relationship.  I feel foolish for opening my heart and having hopes. The future plans will never come to be now.  When I said I loved him, I meant forever.  I had kissed enough frogs in my life, and Scott was supposed to be my prince.  But once again, I need to let him go. 
I have had such a tough year.  Emotionally and physically the stress has been too much.  I have been seeing a therapist.  This is something I have never done before.  I am grieving the loss of my partner Scott and it had brought back the emotions of losing my first partner GW.  The circumstances are different but losing someone who I love has been overwhelming. I am going once a week and I am hoping that I will be able to cope with this loss and learn from the experience.  I feel broken and lost.  I need to find peace and sense of well-being.


No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...