Monday, January 9, 2012

New projects

I wanted to share a couple of project I am working on for a friend in Dallas.  She is involved the International Gay Rodeo Circuit and locally in the Texas Gay Rodeo circuit.  She has some shows and events comig up and she is wanting a few new costumes. She has a few requirements.  For me this means listening carfully and then letting my mind and creativity take over.  She wantes western inspired, but fresh style.  She is also looking for a high neck. Many performers do not always shave their chest.  They must dress accordingly.She walso wants long sleeves.  She also loves fringe and stones.  She also ran down a list of colors.  The two that she seemed to most fond of were copper and black.  She also likes, orange and yellows or blues.  I once had a client who wanted nothing but red and black.  That was a challenge.  (Some people get stuck in the same rut. )
My friend seems to know exactly what she wants, or does not not want.  I have created a few scketches, and will start pairing fabrics.  I would like to do some nude fabrics to give the outfits a more reavling look, with out revealing anything, I will dress them up with trims and stones, cause I know every cowgirl wants to shine!



No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...