Monday, May 1, 2017

I made a new dress

ME and my friend Chris

I made a great Wonder Woman dress last week. I have worn it twice and it has been a hit in both events. I have noticed that there has been a surge in graphic print clothing.  These fabric pants have been an inspiration lately. 

Korina, Mattie and Scott.  I am wearing my Budweiser dress.

BACK OF DRESS














I saw some Budweiser sleep pants that were made of a knit material similar to fabric that is used for t-shirts. They are very soft and comfortable.   It is light and breathable and best of all it has some stretch. I bought the men’s sleep pants in a 2xl.  I wanted to have the larger size because it had the most material to work with.  I then deconstructed the pants by cutting all the seams and trimming off the elastic waistband and draw string. I set these aside to use later.  I laid the cut fabric out flat, and face to face.  I then laid out my favorite simple knee length pattern.  This dress was sleeveless because, there is only a limited amount of fabric.  But if I wanted to do a long sleeve, I guess I could have brought two pair of pants.  I was able to make a dress out of this printed fabric and I serged the seams. Hemming the dress was easy, as only the neckline and arm holes needed to be done. The bottom of the dress was already hemmed, because it was actually the bottom of the pant legs.  I used the waistband section of the pants to make a stretch belt. I also stoned it with red rhinestones stones just to dress it up a bit.
Top with ties at shoulders
My Wonder Woman dress






It was just a little different with the wonder woman fabric dress. I deconstructed the pants only to find, that because they were woman’s pants that they were too short.  Oh no!  So I added some red fabric and made the yoke of the dress red.  It surged together well.  I deconstructed the remnants of the waistband farther. I removed the drawstring.  It was a red flat woven cotton strap. It had a single white stitch pattern on it.  I used the two sections of red strapping to tie a loose bow on the top of each shoulder.  It created a cute and feminine touch to the dress.  I was very pleased with how my Wonder Woman dress turned out. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...