Monday, June 18, 2012

upcoming events

JUNE 22  MISS OKLAHOMA USofA At Large Pageant -Angles OKC 10pm.  I was honored to be invited back to perform at Miss OK at large pageant.  I always felt like the former that was always over looked.  Maybe because It was so long ago that I held the title. Plus I don’t live in there anymore.   Now is my time to comeback better than ever.  I will bring them a little of my Dallas spirit.  Plus I am honored to be a head judge at this year’s pageant. 
JUNE 23- Anita and Ronald’s engagement party in OKC-7pm.  This will be a great time as we honor my sister and her fiancé.  They are getting married next spring. 
JUNE 23 – Gender Bender SHOW at Phoenix Rising- OKC 10pm.  I will be appearing at the Phoenix while I am in town. 
JULY 21-22  Fort Worth Coronation Weekend event- featured entertainer on Sat 7pm.  This will be a crazy-busy-good weekend.   I have once again been asked to sell dresses that I have made as a vendor.  I will set up my booth in the morning and selling through the afternoon.  My sister will be there to help me. I am also styling a friend that evening.  I am creating some new gowns for her to wear and she also wants me to do her hair.  She does not perform much anymore, and she wants me to put the “Mattie Touch” on her.  I will try to have it all done before hand.  I am also a featured entertainer that same evening at the event.  I will be doing it all. (but the money will be worth it)  The theme is Disco, something I love!  So I will be donning my afro and bell bottoms and have planned on performing my best disco mix. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...