Monday, September 10, 2012

a quick thought

I have never thrown myself a birthday party.  GW would always make a family party or take me to dinner. But the last few years have passed quietly.  Maybe this year I will try to make a plan for my birthday.    Maybe I can plan a dinner party with friends.  I would love to invite friends over to my place for a dinner party, but honestly I don’t have the space. Plus, these friends all have nice homes and I just live in an apartment.  I don’t want to have a bar party, I want it to be more personal and special. Maybe appetizer and cocktails followed by a nice meal. My friends can eat and share time together.  I wish someone would host the party at their house. That would be nice.  I would love to help cook and maybe set up the party. I imagine laughing with friends and sharing food.  Or maybe I will invite friends to come out to dinner with me. I know a great restaurant.    Does that sound pathetic?  Throw my own party?   Maybe I’m afraid that no one will show up. Or maybe will let it pass with no celebration at all. It was just a thought. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...