Tuesday, September 11, 2012

stay focused

I have a few things on my mind today.  I am trying to stay focused on the future. 
This month I have several doctor appointments.  I am having some dental work done.  I need to maximize my insurance and flex spending account by the end of the year.  If I don’t, I will lose the money I have been paying in all year.  I waited to get it done due to my personal show schedule.   I want to start next pageant season looking and feeling my best.  I have lost 3o lbs in the last 6 months.  My goal is to lose another 20.  I am finally out of the ‘obese range’ on the Body Mass Index.  I hate that term obese.  Diet and exercise have been good for my self esteem.  My diet is no sugar, low fat, lots of veggies and little processed foods. Also lean protein in small portions.  And  I drink water constantly.  Some times I will have iced tea, but avoid soda.  The water also helps with my bladder and kidney health. The only draw back is having to pee all the time.  I also try to walk when I can.  Walking is a low impact aerobic exercise.  I started walking at break time earlier this year.   It is about a mile around our building at work.  If you walk twice a day, that is two miles.  That could be about 10 miles a week.  I did not walk as much due to heat of the summer.   On rainy or hot days, coworkers and I would walk around the indoor perimeter of our warehouse.  It was a shorter distance, but still it was beneficial. 
I have also stopped smoking.  I was not a heavy smoker.  I was more of a social smoker.  I enjoyed a smoke if I went out to a bar or if I was nervous at a show.  So I decided to quit.  It is one less thing to worry about affecting my health. 
Next month, I have already agreed to be a vendor at Dallas Coronation.  I am hoping to sew a new line of dresses that will be for sale. I have opted out of the last few invitations from other cities due to my personal schedule.  But now,  I have time to dedicate to making this sale a success.   I tried to work on a few projects the other night, but just spent a few hours cleaning my drag room instead. It needed it.  I am glad it was productive. 
By the end of the year I will be moving.  I am considering moving to a new area of DFW.  I need to start looking and checking availability.  I should start packing at some point. My lease is up in December.  Maybe I will move to a more quiet area.  I enjoy being in the center of Dallas and Fort Worth, but currently many centrally located suburbs are under construction.  I will consider my options. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...