Thursday, June 30, 2011

reminder to self

I just wanted to post a quick reminder of who I am.  I know I post a lot of pictures of myself in costumes and makeup, but have no fear.  I am just a man acting out a part.  Like most actors, this is my role of a life time.  I am not, nor do I wish to be female.  Oh no.  In fact I remember a quote” this is far too much trouble to go through everyday”.  I am a Latino guy, who is not too fat. I’m 6ft tall.  I’m in the 35-40 yo range.  I enjoy spending time with family, I enjoy traveling, camping, antiques, movies and reading about history.  I like music, but not all.  Not too much country and not a fan of rap.  In many ways, my life feels normal.  I work a job, try to keep up with my bills, and have good friends who care about me.  I have goals in my life, that I want to achieve.  Sometimes I have to remind my friends, that I am a guy under all that heavy makeup.  I even recently discovered that I enjoy basketball.  I am finding out things about my self all the time.  I enjoy being me. 
And no, My real name is not Mattie...or matthew,  that is all just a stage name. And I use that name Mattie Madison in the label of my sewing creations.  In fact I would not like a guy I dated to call me that, outside of a drag show.  It would be too weird.  I hope the man of my dreams will call me by my given name.  I want him to know the real me. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...