Monday, June 13, 2011

Spain, Vegas and sea sick queens

It is hard to write a blog.  You have to come up with an idea of what you would like to say.  Some of my posts are just stories that come to me, as my day goes on.  I really don’t have a master plan to what interesting thing I will talk about next.  So far it has really been a creative outlet for me.  I can put as much effort into it as I want. I am not sure if anyone really reads it.  I am guessing just a handful of friends, and I know one family member of mine.  Hello, is any one out there reading this….
Today I started thinking about all the things I have not done.  These are not absolute dreams, just things I would like to do.  Be that as it may, I would like to travel. Maybe some place foreign.  I watched a movie recently about a woman who went to France.  She fell in love with the food and spent several years of her life there.  You never know what your going to love, until you get there.  I would consider a trip to France, or even better Spain!  My mom told me her Grand father, who I never met, was from Spain.  A trip to Spain would be nice.  I am not the sort to go looking for long lost relatives or anything.  I just want to go see the beauty of the country.  Ideally I would like to go with a boyfriend.  Only problem is I don’t have one.  I would also like to go to Las Vegas.  I used to think that it would be fun.  I enjoy the thrill of gambling, and if there is anyplace in the world that needs some of my dollars, it’s Vegas!  I know that it is likely that I will lose, but I just want the experience.  Plus there are so many things to do there. I could go to a concert or show.  I would  make a fun trip of it.  Only problem with this plan,   I don’t have the money.  They would check my pockets at the airport and make me go directly back home.  I would also like to go on a cruise.  I could book a 4 or five day cruise to the Caribbean.  It would be fun to see the ocean, and some of the sea ports.  I hear that there is many things to do onboard.  It is almost like a mini-city.  Again, the experience would be relaxing and fun.  I want a grown up cruise, no family cruises for me.  No sir.  I am allergic to children.   Also a gay cruise is meant to be more ideal for gay people, but who want to see a bunch a sea sick queens, and dirty old men in Speedos?  Gross.  Some gay people tend to be even more flamboyant and dare I say “gaily annoyingly” when grouped together. Clucking like a hen party.  It can be a bit much.  Plus I would look like a beached whale in a Speedo. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...