Friday, April 13, 2012

I ran into a friend, carrying beer.

I had a really tough day yeaterday. 
                I was tired and did not feel like cooking.  I decieded to go grab some food from a local fast food place.  Then about half way there, I changed my mind.  I knew it would be cheaper to cook at home.  I was hungry and wanted to make some thing quick and easy.  I stopped at the super market.  I grabbed a cart, and made my way into the store.  I looked up briefly as I shuffled through my pockets for some cash.  As I looked up, I saw a familiar face.  It was my friend Adrienne.  She was carrying a case of beer. Hey I said. “Mattie?” She replied.   She probably didn’t recongnize me. I was still wearing my dress clothes from work.  Adrienne is so used to seeing me dressed for a show.  We had  hung out with mutual friends before, but it had bween several months.   In fact her Aunt Michelle lived just around the corner form the store. Michelle’s house is where Adrienne and I first met.  It was about three years ago, she and I were both invited for a bar b que.  My friend Ginger was good friends with Michelle.  And Michelle was Adrienne’s aunt, even though they are close in age.  The group of us had a great time at the bar be que.  We laughed and I liked Adrienne.  She is funny and down to earth.  She lives close to me and when I see her, she is always friendly.  Once, Adrienne and Michelle even showed up to one of my shows in Dallas.  They knew I was performing and wanted to enjoy a night out.  I was supprised to see them.
                So I was at the store and glad to run into Adrienne.  I could feel myself smiling.  I asked her how she had been, and she quickly invited me over to Michelles. It was a good plan.  They were just haning out, having a few beers and talking.  So I grabbed some food and stopped by.  It was so good just to realx and talk and be around people.  I was there late but it was worth it.  I hope to hang out with Adrienne again.  Maybe I will give her a call and  just say hello. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...