Tuesday, December 30, 2014

ants in my laundry

When I lived in OKC back in 2000, my sister and I rented a small house two bedroom house on the east side of the capital.  Our closest main street was Martin Luther King Blvd.  She was working full time and I was working part time and doing drag as much as I could around the city.  I had finally bought a car from a local garage.  I used my recent tax refund and paid 800 cash for the cart was over ten years old, but it ran great and looked good too. I wouldn't have to ride the bus anymore or walk to the store.  I had a car, a place to live and a job.  I was content.   I also bought a washer at a used appliance store. My goal was to buy a set, but only had money for one, so I just bought the washer for 50 bucks.  My mother had hung clothes on the line for years, so I was no stranger to carrying the basket outside.  It was summer and the sun would dry the clothes in no time.  My clothes line was between two trees.  And after a while, the ants were using it as a wire highway to get from one tree to the next.  I would have to shake the dry sheets to get the ants off.  Nobody likes ants in their clean laundry.  I would enjoy my days off, washing and hanging and watching TV in-between loads.  

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...