Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time to start again!

This will be read aloud before my closing number at the pageant:    
It is with a heavy heart that I complete my rein as Miss Gay Texas State at Large 2012.  It has been an amazing journey.  I am happy that I made it to the end.   In the beginning of my career I came from nothing.  At times, I felt like no one.  But somehow I have made a life for myself. All of the successes and failures of life have led me here tonight.   Everyone deserves to find a place where they can be a star.  I feel lucky to be a part of such a great group of people. The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant organization is a unique blend of pageant and community support. I wish them continued success!
I want to thank my Fort Worth Gay Community who supported me when I first started working shows locally.  I developed lasting friendships.  FORT WORTH is truly the home of the best fans ever!
Thank you to Best Friends, Rainbow Lounge and Reflections.  The clubs in Fort Worth have always been kind to me.  They allowed me a place to perform, and a place to gather with friends. Thank Randy Norman for your friendship.
I would like to thank Natasha and Paul Parson.  They have been special people in my life.  Thank you traveling the pageant circuit this year.  Thank you for the support you give to Miss Gay Texas State pageant system.  I love you! 
I would also want to thank Madison Deveroux for always listening to an old queen and her problems. Your friendship has been a blessing.  You are beautiful and genuine.  I adore you.  Many thanks to you and Russ. He is a great guy.
Thank you to Kelly O’Neil for the many years of true friendship. Meeting you completely changed my life!  I still believe that.  You became a friend when I didn’t have one.  You have always been a phone call away. I am happy to see you enjoy your own success.  You deserve only the best. I love you and Matt so much.   
John Grinstead thank for your friendship.  You have become a person who truly see me: The person behind the makeup.  Not everyone does.   I appreciate your kind words and understanding smile. You are a good man.
I wish to say thank you to Bryan Long for the great head shots! 
To Kristen Paige, WOW…WE MADE IT!  Thank your for friendship and I wish you all the happiness in the world.   I love you girl. It has been a pleasure working with you.  You did a tough job.  You have my respect. 
To Amber Diva Daniels and Brittney Brooks, I owe a huge thank you for your friendship and motivation last year. You were great promoters.  I would never have considered competing again, but you pushed me to try.  I’m glad I did.  You left me some BIG shoes to fill.  THANK YOU LADIES!
Thank you to Garlows in Gun Barrel City, RMC in Longview and Decisions in Longview.  Each Club has made this year special with your hospitality.  Thank you for providing a venue for our contests and fundraisers.  I am sure to see you in the future.
To my Family.  My sister Wendy has helped me so much. Wendy has been there with me in all my endeavors.  She has worked as my dresser, also helped with my talents, and helped me win last year.  Thank you for always being there, I LOVE YOU WENDY!  To my Cousin Johnny, thank you for traveling to be here on my big night!  You have always supported me since we came out so long ago.  You have always been more like my brother. I love you Johnny. I am lucky to have family that supports me.
Thank you Sable Alexander and LinzeSerell.  Congratulations of FIVE YEARS OF PAGEANTRY!  Thank you for proving  that professional entertainers can make a difference in our communities! Some times big name entertainers forget about the needs of the community.   
And finally…..a huge Thank you to the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Board of Directors.  Robert, Larry, Bill, Michael, Anna, Greg, Ricky, Jodie, and Carla.  As well as Sabrina Starr for her work on the pageant website.  You have come together after such a rough start and we are here today because of your hard work.  I know next year will be even better! 
Thank you to all my friends for supporting me as I follow my destiny.  Good Luck to all the ladies competing! 
My step down gown. Black Satin, beaded silk and black and crystal rhinestones. I made it.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...