Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Anita and I

Tomas ( me) and Anita (my sister)
My sister and I are very close.  We are two years apart. I remember seeing her as a baby. She was so cute and cuddly. My just wanted to hug her. My mom would scold me for trying to pick her up. I just wanted to hold her, the way my mom did.   I did not want to hurt her because she was so tiny, I just wanted to be close to her.  I resisted because I did not want Mom to scold me again. So I would lay beside her on the bed and talk to her. I’m not sure of what I said, or if was even English coming out of my two year old mouth. Her eyes were half open. I could see her tiny face and hands. I was wanted to tell her how special she was and how much I loved her.  My toddler communications helped me bond with her. As she grew so did I. We were a lot alike. We enjoyed playing the same games, and seemed to have a strong bond.  I remember we used to play in the tub. My mom would sit us back to back. We would try to slash each other and laugh. When I got to school age, I did not want to leave her. She was the first friend I had. Plus she was fun.  I remember we used to wrap towels around our selves and walk around like we were in a beauty pageant. This was way before I realized that boys were not supposed to do beauty pageants. But to 7 year old, it was just fun. We would also genie wrap towels on our heads and pretend it was our hair. I’m sure we were mimicking something we had seen on TV.
We continued all through elementary school, into Jr. High and High school.  Then after high school, we even worked at the same place….in fact three times we worked at the same place.  I just realized that.  Funny, how you forget. Anita is a good person. She is the person I call, when I have problems. And she calls me too. Now she has three girls, who I love dearly. She has lived in Oklahoma City for over 10 years and I love her very much. She and I still enjoy being together when we can. She is fun-crazy, just like me.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...