Monday, July 16, 2012

I dont like nickles

I’ve done this before with quarters…this time I had nickels in my pocket.  Each was a different year.  So I jotted down a quick note about where I worked in those years.  PS:  I hate nickels. The are short and fat and heavy.  Dimes are petite and cute.
1980- I don’t remember too much, I was like 5.  Kindergarten I guess.  I remember we used empty frozen OJ canisters to grow grass seed. We put dirt  and added seeds and watered it.   I put paper around the can.   Then I drew a face on the can and it looked like a green hair growing out of the top of the head.   Silly but I remember it.
1989-  I was a freshman in High school.  I worked part time a gun range. 
1998- I was working for TxDOT.  It was my first big boy job.  It was more than minimum wage and full benefits. 
2006- I was working for Motorola in Fort Worth.
2008- I had been laid off  for 6 months and gas was high, so I stayed home a lot.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...