Friday, July 6, 2012

Jazmyn Turelle



Jazmyn Terrell was a queen I knew when I lived in OKC.  She would often be booked in shows there but she lived in Tulsa.  Jazmyn was a beautiful black queen who was a talented dancer who had costumes and music mixes that were high energy.  She was top seven at Miss Oklahoma America for several years.  I still remember the names of every girl that made top group. I’m still friends with some of them. I always liked Jazmyn Turelle.  
 I remember how amazing she looked in her black velvet gown. She had poise and quiet genuine class.  So many other girls that year would have done anything to have the skills Jazmyn posses.  I also remember her talent.  She would produce some great dance talent numbers including beautiful costumes and dancers.  She had a way of drawing people in and they believed in her dreams of success as much as she did. I also have memory of seeing her dance the house down as an entertainer.  She was always full of energy.  She wore a red fringe costume with rhinestones and leggings attached with straps.  I made one modeled after the one I saw her wearing.  She also had what I call “dance hair”  I don’t know how to describe it.  It was full and wavy, shoulder length but very bouncy.  The bouncy was important.  The movement would accent every head Pop and snap that made Jazmyn a dancing diva.  She was very much a self made queen.  I respect that about her. She did not rely on other girls nor try to “be” someone else.  She was her own person.   I always felt like the girl that made top seven were so awesome and the rest of us were just a mess.  Maybe I was.  But we all start some where.  But Jazmyn still calls me one of her OKC sisters.  That makes me feel honored. She now resides in Rogers, Arkansas, near Fayetteville. She travels for shows and competes in pageants.  I was very happy for her last year when she was 1st alt to Miss Arkansas.   She is exciting to watch and a good person to know.  She is a diva…with out the attitude.  She doesn’t need it. She has talent and class.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...