Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trisha Yearwood's Crack



My mama was a great cook. I mean she was a really great cook. (It’s funny My dad NEVER thought so.) Many times she was told that she should open her own Mexican restaurant. She had a natural flare that would have served her well if she had ever had the opportunity to give it a go. I loved watching her cook. Some times she would let me help chop, stir or simply sample the food. To me, eating food with someone you love is a very personal thing; Second only to love making. It allows you the opportunity to connect and share you opinions about the food or enjoy conversation with one another. The home cooked meal is a lost art. I enjoy being a home cook and find my self creating my own recipes at home. I am not a professional cook, but I do enjoy cooking.


Danielle Starr
Many of my friends I keep up with on Face Book. I have posted pictures of my triumphs in the kitchen. They liked the photo of my pecan pie and the tortillas I tried to master. It seems there are several friends who also enjoy cooking and baking. I have asked a few to share special recipes with me. I am honored to be able start posting them on my blog.

I met Danielle Starr in Dallas a couple of years ago. She is a member of the United Court of the Lone Star Empire in Dallas.  The UCLSE is an organization that raises money for AIDS charities and help other people in need.  They are a good group of people.  I have been lucky to work with them as an entertainer when ever they need me.  Danielle was on stage the first time I saw her.  She had a way of capturing the audience.  She is an older queen, but NOT old.  She was friendly and easy to get to know.  She smiles a lot and the light seems to always sparkle in her eyes.  Or maybe that was just the glitter! 
Danielle seems to enjoy cooking and baking. She has even extended an invitation to join her in the kitchen. I think I will take her up on her offer soon.  She sent me this recipe that she acquired from Country singer Trisha Yearwood.  I am not sure how she is connected to Miss Yearwood, but in my mind, I imagine Danielle broke into her home and stole it right out of the pantry.  Either way it seems to a tasty snack.  All you need is a few simple ingredients.  I also appreciate how Danielle keeps it simple by “guess-ta-mating”  the measurements. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trisha Yearwood’s- Crack
Line a cookie sheet with foil and then coat with cooking spray.  Place saltine crackers salt side down on the foil covered sheet.  Cover the entire sheet by placing crackers side by side.  Bring two sticks of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar to a low boil in a saucepan. ( approx 5 min)  Pour butter sauce over the crackers and spread evenly. Place in preheated 450 degree oven for about three minutes.  Sprinkle semi sweet chocolate morsels on top of the crackers.  Place in the oven to melt morsels.  Should only take about 45 seconds in the hot oven.  Remove from oven and spread the melted chocolate evenly over the top of the crackers. Put pan in the freezer to cool for about 15 min.  Once cool, break into pieces and store in air tight container. 
This stuff is sooo addictive, may that why they call it CRACK!  Enjoy!
( I love Eating Trisha Yearwood’s Crack.)

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...