Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Friday.  For everyone who has been counting the days until Friday…it is finally here.  I my self have no real plans for the weekend. I hope to maybe venture out to my local gay bar and consume a couple of refreshing adult beverages.  It would be nice to catch a show and say hello to some friends, but I am not sure what the events of the weekend are.  There is just one catch to all this festive gatherings, it will be interrupted on Sunday. I have to go to work for a few hours.  There is a project at work that requires about 6 hours of my time.  I will make the best of it. 
I am thinking, that I may visit my local fabric warehouse on Saturday.  It is not you typical Joann’s or Handcock fabric store…oh no no.  It is a huge warehouse.  In Dallas we have a warehouse area where you can by almost anything imported for overseas.   I usually shop for jewelry, hand bags, and of course fabric.  If you hear someone in Dallas mention Harry Hines, they are going there to find two things…prostitutes and cheap merchandise.  Luckily the hookers are only out at night.  The day time is filled with rich white ladies driving mini-vans and high dollars SUV’s.  They are like vultures at the rhinestone jewelry place.  They scurry around with baskets around their arms, and hollering  at their comrades… who are appreantly named  Jessica, Sarah, and Megan.  They fill their baskets full of cheap jewelry and then leave half of it at the register, because they changed their mind, but wanted to grab it before another shopper did.  My dog does the same thing. He gobbles up all the food, so the other dog does not get as much.  Greedy bitches.
I need to find some moderstly priced black stretch velvet.  I have a dress to make for a client from Austin.  She want black velvet and shear sleeves and a train.  She and I did a consult over a month ago. And I need to get it complete and checked off my list.  I have fabric for four other people right now.  I need to knock a few out, so I can take on some other new clients.  Plus I have one dress to make for new  queen I have never met.  I donated a custom dress to a charity auction.  And now it is time to make it for her.  I hope I can find what I need at the warehouse store.  In fact I love it there. It is like a kid being in a candy store.  So much fabric, so little time. 

Snake skin w black

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...