Monday, May 16, 2011

I need a clone.

The weekend flew by. I worked over time on Saturday plus I was not feeling well this weekend, and slept a lot on Sunday.  I slept so much, I did my grocery shopping at 2am. Thanks goodness for the 24 hour Wal-Mart.    Crazy, how I could still over spend at that late hour.  But I manage to do it every time.  I think pushing my body with work and shows for the past few months has finally caught up with me.  I have been working 50 plus hours a week, and trying to fit in shows when I can.  In fact I had two show invites this past weekend and had to pass up both, due to work.  Back just a year ago, I was doing drag two or three shows a week, plus working all day, and trying to have a social life too.  And I was loving it.  But after too long, it wears you down.  I am trying to make this year about doing what is best for me.  So far it has been running along with out too much complaint.

Just two of my samples.

               

 
I made two dress this weekend.  I have been so busy lately that sewing was put on the back burner.  They look great. One lavender stretch  and lavender penne velvet.  Some thing simple and  sleek.  I used my new method of cutting and draping to crate an elegant show gown. Flowing sleeves fitted waist and split on both legs.  Super sexy kind of dress.   It a size 16-18.  Most of the clothes I make are plus size.  In fact most of the clients I sew for are plus size.  I need to find some one who can start listing them on Ebay.  I have seen some very successful auctions on ebay, and it would seem that it is part of the market I am missing out on.  I tried to get my sister to help me with this, but there always be some kind of drama with her.  I try to show her a new way to make money…she never takes me seriously, and misses the opportunity.  I tried to tell her how much she could benefit form learning to sew, but she showed no real interest.  So I continue to be a one man show. 
I also made a mint green burnt velvet dress with a stretch lining  and nude panels in it.  I say it is done, but still needs hemming.  I like they way it looks.  Very see through, with just a hint of skin showing. My motto is flashy, not trashy. I will probably put rhinestones on it, to really make it sparkle and shine. Its like a nice cake and then you have to frost it!   I will push myself to work over time at my job every day, plus I hope to make more dresses this week.  My goal is at least two more.  I have tons of fabric. Just wish I had the time.  I need to get a clone, I can relax while the other me, works himself to death…then get another clone.
I try to not make any two dresses look alike.  Only once or twice have been asked to duplicate a dress exactly.  They did look great, but I don’t recommend it.  Especially of the two clients know each other.  That could be awkward.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...