Saturday, July 2, 2011

summer time drag

My oldest niece is staying with me for part of the summer.  It has only been a couple of days, so far I like having her around.  She is well mannered and reminds me of my sister ( her mom).  I had a drag show this weekend and I don’t think she knew exactly what to think of all of it yet. She has always known about my drag career since she was little.  It is not a secrect to anyone who has entered my home.  I have crowns ,pictures and costumes  in the second bedroom.   She saw me get ready and pack my things for the show.  The only real thing she said was about the new dress I made. She said it made me look like a bird, but not in a bad way.  It made me laugh.  Show gowns are more couture in stlye than a party or prom dress.  The full sleeves do kind of make you look like you have wings. I would not have known until she said it.   Still it was new and pretty on stage.  I asked her how I looked before I left. All she said was, “you look good”. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...