Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve is my traditional movie marathon.  I prepare a feast of appetizers and finger foods and pull out all the drag movies I own. I have quite a few.  They could be movies about drag, or anything with some in drag (like some one playing a character).   I started this tradition about 10 years ago.  There were no children in the house, so it would be silly just to stay up late and wait for Santa.  It would be a more grown up way to celebrate Christmas Eve.   So I thought it would be fun just to stay at home  and make a mini buffet and “veg” on the couch.  It was also an excuse to eat anything you want.  Plus it be fun preparing the meal, picking out the movie line up and generally just enjoy an evening at home.  I have even enjoyed a cocktail or two.  It’s not like I had to drive anywhere.  This year was a little different.  I enjoyed it alone.  I mean that in a not-so-sad way.  I had a good time.  My sisters had plans to come down for New Years, so it made no sense to spend money on a trip to Oklahoma when I knew I would see them next week.  So in my usual way, I did some shopping, planed a menu, and picked out the movies.  The whole time the dogs were in the kitchen with me. I talk to them like they are people.  They were probably waiting for a snack to fall from the counter.  I have to admit, I may have let a couple of meat balls land in their bowl.  My little doggies love when I do that. I like spoiling them.  They may just be dogs, but they are my family.
I enjoyed the food and movies. I fell asleep on the couch and stumbled to my room about midnight.   It was a quiet night at home. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...