Friday, September 30, 2011

The fun was back stage

 Last night was the beginning of a four day stretch in drag. The show at Woody’s in Dallas was fun. The crowd was so-so, but the real show was back stage. I worked with three other girls who I have known for a while. Chanel was the host. Chanel and I have been friends for about five years and she has been kind enough to include me in her shows, when we can both work out the scheduling. She used to run the Friday night shows back at Illusions on Maple Ave in Dallas. It was a small bar, but man we had some good times there.  After Illusions closed, she would invite me to Drama Room, which is where I will be tonight. Chanel is the type of person who will include friends in her shows, and help promote other entertainers, as she would herself. She is well known and respected by clubs and upcoming entertainers alike. She also gave my contact information to Woody’s a while back and I have been booked there off and on.  Last nights show as also fun because I worked with Jada Fox, and tall thin black queen who has a true inner beauty that matches her outer beauty. She is a true sweetheart. Also included was Nia Courtland. She is a cute and sassy black queen.  She and I used to work together in Arlington. She was new then and a cute dancer. I stopped booking in Arlington in 2009. Since I saw her last, she has blossomed into solid all around female impersonator.  It was great to see. She is on the right track.
We laughed and talked and giggled back stage. We also wise cracked on each other. It was so fun, I wish the rest of the audience could have been back there with us.  I had a great time. Then I got home at 2am and had to be up early for work.
Yes my long weekend had begun. I will be at Drama Room tonight, Saturday is the Gay Pride Parade in Fort Worth during the day. And Sat night I am booked with Tasha Kohl in Fort Worth for a Burlesque theme show. Gotta run. I have a million things to do.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...