Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am pleased!

I am very pleased with my new promo pictures and crown head shots.  It was required that I get one professionally done, by the pageant owners of Miss Texas State system. I had not had any done in over a year. So I knew exactly who to call. Plus I needed the new crown in the picture.  I called my friend Bryan.  He, like me, has several passions. He has been a female impersonator for several years. Like me. But he is more that that. We each have our artistic sides and adventures.  He has an artistic eye that has lead him into photography. Plus he knows what queens want.  He was also the person who helped with mixing my music. We work very well together.  He had offered to take my pictures if I won.  He has been trying to indulge his hobby at every chance he gets.  I know he ha done a wedding, some special occasion/ black tie events and has even done head shots for a teen models in our areas.  I think Bryan enjoys making people happy with his photos.
I told him all of my “requirements”.  I know me, and I like to look good. To me, no one is perfect…you just learn to hide the imperfections and accentuate the good stuff.  I told Bryan that I did not want to look old, or stupid or old & stupid. He reassured me.  I need that. I also told him, It wanted a standard head shot first. That would satisfy the pageant owners. Then we could relax and get some more candid shots. I wanted to have fun doing the shoot too. It was like playing dress up. America’s Next Top Model aint got nothing on me!  Only I was wearing shorts underneath every thing.  No one cares if you are wearing hose and a girdle in a head shot photo. I also had a plan to do my hair in phases. I would start with simple and work to more complex stages of adding in hair pieces and the crown. This would make more sense to me than him….since I was doing my own makeup and hair for the photo session.  But Bryan took it all in stride. He also took the time to check the details. He made sure hair was soft, earrings were positioned just right and made me feel, well….like a star. And the result was great. I love my new pictures.  Now I just have to pour though the over 400 pictures he took and see which I like best. I just want to say thank you Bryan for helping me and thanks for telling to “relax and breathe”. I needed it, there is no greater pressure than packing on five pounds of make up, twenty pounds of hair  and trying to look…Natural.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...