Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm back from Austin

Well, I made it back from Austin. The sale was a success!  The entire staff did a great job. (that is a joke, the staff consists of me and my unpaid intern, Wendy. She is also my sister).  We left early and made it there on time. Traffic was good. I had my concerns, because I had heard there was going to be construction on I35.  We got to Austin about 9am. We stopped at a local Denny's for breakfast. Then we went the hotel, the site for the  vendor sale, and set up shop.  We did not have the space that we are used to. But we did sell some dress. My gowns were a hit.  Also I got to see some friends from around the state.   Also have two new clents who need dresses for Dallas coronation, which is going tobe held in October.  I will be contacting them in the next few weeks for a consultation and a fitting. 
I made enough money for my next adventure, Miss Gay Texas state pageant that is in a few weeks. ( I won athe Miss Fort Woth at large prelim, a couple of months ago)This was my true goal, so I am glad I made good money.  I am gong today to by the materials for builing my props.  I know what I want. Now it is time to build it.  Until now I have been practicing the two sections of music on two different cd's.  My friend is mixing the fianl cut of my music. So that is good. I am borrowing an amazing gown from my good friend. It has only been worn twice, but not by me.  And I will getting a new suit for interview this week.  It is all coming together. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...