Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Arts and crafts


A sneak peek at my gown..I love it.
My life has been one big arts and crafts fair lately. I have been sewing, building, assembling and painting.  I have been pulling out all the stops for my up coming pageant. I have been working on pageant prep every day and done zero house work.  My house is a mess. The dishes are piling up, the bathroom needs a scrub, and the vacuum sits idle in the corner.  I hope that this upcoming pageant will end successfully so that I won’t mind cleaning so much. But for now, it is the least of my worries. I am eating and sleeping and breathing pageant.
I finished my props last night, they are painted, trimmed and in working order.  I call them DONE.
Also last night I started my presentation costume. Our theme is “Futuristic Fashions”. I love this type of theme.  It allows me to be creative. I am creating my look based on three colors, Black, Silver and lime green.  I have been saving this bright green strapping that comes from the pallets at work. Usually it is thrown away. But I have the idea to use it like glowing rings on my costume. I have also covered a set of foot ball pads with silver foil tape ( I am always inspired at the hardware store). I am attaching the strapping to look like Saturn’s rings. I am going to look inter-galactic! Also I was waling through my local Dollar Tree Store and found these mesh seat back cushions. They are black piping with net stretched across them. They are very cool. I am going to attach them together and create a standing collar for the costume. It is going to look great!
I have to finish the skirt for my talent and it will all be done.  It is not easy being a one man show, thank goodness I have had help form my sister/un paid intern…Wendy.

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...