Monday, August 29, 2011

pageant update

Here is just a quick update about how things are processing for my upcoming drag pageant.  Miss Texas State at Large Pageant begins on 9-3-11. 

This was the gown I wore out of town on saturday night.
 It looked very elegant on me.
floral lace and satin

I got my gown as stated in my previous post.  I am adding more and bigger rhinestones to it. It fits great. Length is perfect. I bought new shoes that just need to be stoned.  These shoes look great, although still a bit snug.
My talent costumes still need to be reworked.  I am doing a costume change on stage.  I will be wearing a tear away skirt then, transitions to a hat and coat with tails. I know how to make the skirt, and just need an hour or so to make it happen.  I have all the fabrics already.  I have a coat and top hat that I have worn before, but I am replacing the sleeves.  Also I found the perfect fabric for the new  sleeves and body suit I am wearing under.  I am adding more beaded fringe to them and adding more rhinestones to the collar and cuffs. I want them to sparkle.   I went on my lunch break from work and hit the fabric store.  Also I picked up come trim I needed.  
My props are built, but still not painted.  I had a show booked out of town, and the pay was worth the drive. Unfortunately, it takes up my time from working on projects this past weekend. I hope to have them done tonight.  I am also adding a pediment to the top to make it appear taller. I have those pieces already assembled.  I just need to attach some brackets. They will be painted tonight!
Interview should be top notch.  I got back on Sunday from out of town, and stopped by the local mall. I was looking for some futuristic sunglasses for my presentation, but walked out with a new suit. I LOVE IT!  I have worn the same olive suit for several years, and it looks great. But it was time for a new one.  I went with a cool light- gray suit.  I bought a new shirt and tie too.  I am doing to look very professional. I took the money I made on Saturday night and turned it into a new suit.
Presentation is the last of my worries. Our theme is futuristic fashions.  I sketched it all out. I just need to make it happen.  I bought the pieces while out of town. I stopped by a local store there and was inspired.  That is usually how it happens.  I plan one way, and my inspiration takes me another. But it always turns out looking top notch. 
I will be working all week at my regular job, and hope to spend my spare time in the evenings preparing and completing everything for my pageant.  The two day pageant begins on Saturday. We have contestant meeting in the morning.  We will draw numbers at that time.  (please don’t let me get contestant # 1)   Interview will be in the afternoon, then evening gown judging that night.  On Sunday, it will be Talent and gown walk through with Q&A while in our gown. They will alternate gown and talents until every one is done.  It all sounds easy, but when you throw in entertainment…it will still last until closing time.  Then is you win, they make you kneel down like we are playing pee-wee football. 

No comments:

Spring track meet 1985

In the spring, my elementary school would have a city track meet.   Much a like a real competitive track meet, the elementary school tra...